This position operates a Ride/Walk pallet jack or Forklift for pulling orders for next-day delivery. Requires fast-paced repetitive lifting of 25-35 lbs. Performance pay is based on piece work and accuracy. Prior food/beverage, or other similar fast-paced order picking experience is desired.
THE WAREHOUSE WORKER MUST BE ABLE TO:
• Perform all duties related to shipping, receiving, put-away, replenishment, picking, loading, rotation, check-in, repacking and security of products.
• Regularly lifts 25-35lbs of product upwards of 500 times per day for long hours while working safely and being self-motivated.
• Rotate all products during receiving, replenishment, picking, repacking and returns activities according to company standard.
• Maintain safety, quality, and productivity standards established by management
• Build all orders quickly, accurately, and stable while wrapping orders tight and securely to the pallet to be staged, loaded, delivered, and merchandised to the customer accurately and safely.
• Participate in pre-picking and merchandising of products as needed.
• Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and others.
• Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned.
• Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company Vision at all times.
Locally-owned and nationally-recognized, Buquet Distributing is an exciting place to work, with diverse opportunities, rapid growth and advancement, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. Join an exciting industry and grow
Education/Training: High School diploma or GED
Licenses/Certifications: Forklift and Pallet Jack certification preferred; Minimum of 18 years of age
Experience: Previously worked in a fast-pace warehouse environment is preferred, with logistics or material handling, but similar labor intensive job experience will also be considered.
Knowledge/Skill: Must be able to maintain a repetitive pace; Excellent time management skills while working in a fast-paced environment; Strong communication skills; Must be a self-motivator, perform at a safe, quick and repetitive pace throughout each shift in a fast-paced environment; Strong communication skills with co-workers, leadership and management; Listens to guidance and instructions and displays attention to detail and accuracy.
Comprehensive benefits package in addition to competitive pay, training and advancement opportunities. Benefits include: group health, HSA accounts, dental, vision, life, short/long term disability, critical illness, and accident insurances.
We also offer paid time off (holiday, vacation, personal), retirement benefits (401k).